Trus Joist® Parallam®
Parallel Strand Lumber (PSL)
- Allows long spans for open floor plans without intermediate posts or columns
- Has warm, unique grain perfect for applications with exposed beams
- Provides ideal solutions for cantilever and multi-span applications
- Solid sections save time on site assembly
- Available in some regions with preservative treatment for exterior applications
Now a great room can be even greater. Add strength and reliability to your structure when you use Parallam PSL beams, headers, and columns, and open up a whole new world of design options for the interior of a home.
Parallam PSL has been engineered to support heavy loads and span long distances. Using a patented process to bond together long, thin strands of wood, Parallam unites strength and consistent performance to create support members that deliver over the long haul.
Parallam® PSL Columns deliver our highest load capacity.
Parallam PSL columns are strong and consistent. Combine their great load capacity with the strength of Parallam PSL beams, and longer spans and open floor plans are possible. Parallam PSL columns can be stained or finished for a handsome look in exposed applications. They are an efficient use of wood resources and minimize waste.
Parallam PSL delivers on a host of fronts. Our manufacturing process uses veneer strands, allowing a significant percentage of each log to become a high-grade structural member.