Roof trusses can be designed in almost any size or shape. They are versatile, environmentally friendly, strong, and economical. In Canada, over 90% of new homes are built with wood roof trusses.
At PTF, our designers are experts at designing customized roof trusses. We can design trusses to a maximum height of 12 feet with a maximum span of 80 feet. Typically, the builder or architect/engineer provides PTF with a proposed design layout of the home or building including shape and span, wall support, load factors, and any special requirements and placement geometry.
Our job is to supply you with the most efficient truss layout and structural design for each element of the roof system. This includes meeting structural requirements from building codes using approved materials. If we think there's a more cost-effective way to design and fabricate your roof trusses, we'll recommend it.
With engineered trusses you’ll get:
- Faster on-site assembly
- Greater design flexibility
- Trusses that are strong, precision-fitted, long-lasting, and built by experienced craftsmen
The Peterborough Truss advantage:
- Uncompromising commitment to quality: quality of wood, quality of workmanship, quality of design
- Continuous quality control
- A complete set of sealed engineered documents
- All metal hangers required to carry the calculated bearing load for each truss
Our five designers use the most advanced 3D computer software to design and optimize your engineered roof trusses. And, our advanced design process guarantees accuracy, reliability, fit, and engineered performance.
Our 2,000 square metre manufacturing facility means we can handle the largest trusses.
Our fleet of trucks, all of which have cranes, can deliver your trusses on time and in place.